2019 Summer Research Internship Positions for High School Teachers and Students
High school teachers and/or senior high school students (at all levels with good chemistry background!) are strongly encouraged to apply this summer research and training internship positions. Priority consideration will be given to teachers.
Research and training areas: clean energy technology and nanotechnology.
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
Start date: Anytime after May 31, but not late than July 15.
Benefits: each of the selected participants will receive total $4050 stipend for the entire six-week program. Selected teachers will also receive 6 weeks of continuing education credit.
APPLICATION FORM FOR 2019 SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
Attention: In order to be considered by this summer program, an applicant should arrange at least one letter of recommendation to be sent directly from your reference to Dr. Pan (email: email@example.com).
2016 Summer Research Internship Participants
Teacher, Hillcrest High School, AL
Teacher, Brookwood High School, AL
STEM Teacher, Hale County College & Career Academy, Greensboro, AL
Paul W. Bryant High School, AL
Autaugaville High School- Autaugaville, AL
Dr. Pan’s recent outreach activities:
- Dr. Pan presented chemiluminescence education module at SECME summer institute sessions for MSP module demonstration for 6-8 grade teachers at UA, June 22, 2015.
- Teachers training on education module “Clean Energy: Nanoparticles, Chemical Reactions, and Light”
- Developed new educational modules “Dye Sensitized Solar Cells” during the Southeast Consortium of Minorities in Engineering 35th Annual Workshop
- New module development for 7th grade classroom on “Plant’s Nanomachinery for Photosynthesis and Nanotechnology for Solar Energy Conversion”
- New module development on “Nano water Demonstration: Light Interactions with Dye Molecules and Nanomaterials”
- New module development on “Alternative Energy: Photoeffect of TiO2 in a Photoelectrochemical cell”
- New module on chemiluminescence