Summer Research Internship Positions for High School Teachers and Students
High school teachers and/or senior high school students (at all levels!) are strongly encouraged apply this summer research and training internship positions.
Research and training areas: clean energy technology and nanotechnology.
Application deadline: May 10
Start date: Anytime after May 31, but not late than July 15.
Benefits: each of the selected participants will receive total $4050 stipend for the entire six-week program. Selected teachers will also receive 6 weeks of continuing education credit.
APPLICATION FORM FOR 2018 SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
Attention: In order to be considered by this summer program, an applicant should arrange at least one letter of recommendation to be sent directly from your reference to Dr. Pan (email: email@example.com).
Welcome the 2016 Summer Research Internship Participants!
Teacher, Hillcrest High School, AL
Teacher, Brookwood High School, AL
STEM Teacher, Hale County College & Career Academy, Greensboro, AL
Paul W. Bryant High School, AL
Autaugaville High School- Autaugaville, AL
Dr. Pan’s recent outreach activities:
- Dr. Pan presented chemiluminescence education module at SECME summer institute sessions for MSP module demonstration for 6-8 grade teachers at UA, June 22, 2015.
- Teachers training on education module “Clean Energy: Nanoparticles, Chemical Reactions, and Light”
- Developed new educational modules “Dye Sensitized Solar Cells” during the Southeast Consortium of Minorities in Engineering 35th Annual Workshop
- New module development for 7th grade classroom on “Plant’s Nanomachinery for Photosynthesis and Nanotechnology for Solar Energy Conversion”
- New module development on “Nano water Demonstration: Light Interactions with Dye Molecules and Nanomaterials”
- New module development on “Alternative Energy: Photoeffect of TiO2 in a Photoelectrochemical cell”
- New module on chemiluminescence